COLOSSIANS 4:3-4

"AT THE SAME TIME, PRAY ALSO FOR US, THAT GOD MAY OPEN TO US A DOOR FOR THE WORD, TO DECLARE THE MYSTERY OF CHRIST...THAT I MAY MAKE IT CLEAR..." COLOSSIANS 4:3-4

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Transition

When we moved into our home a little over 3 years ago I said I was not moving again until Ella was in 5th grade...she was 3and a half at the time.  As I said that, I thought, "God is probably going to make me eat those words." Sure enough I have. I have loved Temple and have really thought I would raise my kids here. But it appears as though God has other plans.

Our house has been on the market since January 14 and April 12 we got a contract. Less than 3 months after we listed it. Praise God! So now where we live for the next few months? God comes through again. Our church has a fully furnished missionary house and we are able to live there. Thank you GOD!!! So we are in the yucky phase of moving and getting rid of pretty much everything we have.

Through this process I have really come to see how much I have put emotions into stuff. I don't need stuff. There are so many people who have a tenth of what I have and are so happy. Yet somehow I have become so dependent on stuff to make me happy. Through all of the getting rid of and throwing away and garage sales I have learned to be happy in less. I am so thankful for that!

We still have to be presented to the board of trustees on July 20th for our final approval. I pray that all goes well. We meet with Larry, who is someone of importance, on Thursday morning. I am really looking forward to that. We have communicated with him via email but have not yet met in person. This is all becoming more and more real. I have days of excitement and days of fear of the unknown and yet I really trust that God has a plan for us.

No comments: