COLOSSIANS 4:3-4

"AT THE SAME TIME, PRAY ALSO FOR US, THAT GOD MAY OPEN TO US A DOOR FOR THE WORD, TO DECLARE THE MYSTERY OF CHRIST...THAT I MAY MAKE IT CLEAR..." COLOSSIANS 4:3-4

Friday, July 22, 2011

Bubbles and Blueberries

Summer in Krakow, Poland has been a completely different experience than any other summer I have had living in Texas my whole life. We knew the temperature would be cooler than Texas but still warm enough to feel hot for at least a few weeks and we would not have AC. We were warned to get fans early because they go quickly. So we did. They temps are up and down. We might have a really warm day or 2...like low to mid 80s and then it rains and temps drop to the 70s and sometimes 60s. (As I am writing I have jeans and a hoodie on.) However, the temps are so nice that we can play at the park a lot. This week James' mom sent the girls Crayola colored bubbles. I didn't know what to expect but WOW!!! I was so glad I thought to suggest we go to the park before we opened the bubbles. What a mess but oh what fun! We had many kids following us around. My kids could care less about being messy but the Polish kids seemed a bit more reluctant. Here are some fun pics!

We met this little girl while we were playing. She followed Ella everywhere. It was very sweet.

Messy!

I absolutely LOVE this pic of Ella. I am not sure what it is about it but I love it!

In addition to the bubbles, it had rained recently and there was mud everywhere. Needless to say, we went straight home to the bath tub!



Markets are every where here! And fruits and veggies are amazing. We eat cucumbers, red bell peppers, asparagus, apples, bananas, avocados, broccoli, strawberries, raspberries, etc from our markets. This week I bought a pound of tiny wild blueberries. They were amazing!!! But I had so many. I made blueberry muffins, blueberry syrup and blueberry pancakes. They were so yummy! And there were more that went to waste because we just couldn't eat them fast enough. They were so sweet. The difference in the produce here and what we are used to is that here it will go bad quite quickly (like in a day or 2 with fruit) but in the States you can keep them for days or even a week or more and all is well. Haha! Here are pics of the pig shaped pancakes and syrup just for fun!




No comments: