COLOSSIANS 4:3-4

"AT THE SAME TIME, PRAY ALSO FOR US, THAT GOD MAY OPEN TO US A DOOR FOR THE WORD, TO DECLARE THE MYSTERY OF CHRIST...THAT I MAY MAKE IT CLEAR..." COLOSSIANS 4:3-4

Saturday, September 8, 2012

TEN YEARS!!!

On June 22nd, James and I celebrated our actually tenth anniversary. I remember "years" ago having friends who were celebrating their tenth anniversary and thinking how cool that was and how far ahead of us they were. Now here we are! 10 years...a whole decade. We have seen a lot in this time. We have had 2 babies...who aren't babies anymore. James was a student minister at 2 churches. We were house parents to many teenagers for 2.5 years and are blessed to still have connections with many of them, including one whom we have taken into our family officially. We have moved 2.5 times in Texas (the half was when we moved to our mission house in Temple) and now twice internationally. We have been to numerous states together and at least 10 countries...soon to be 11 in July. We have buried all of James' grandparents and my last great grandma. We have learned to love each other better and encourage one another. We have prayed together and watch God open and close doors. We have laughed and cried. We have fought and made up. But most of all, we have loved each other for 10 years. I am so thankful for James and the godly man he is. I am thankful for the way he is willing to make hard decisions for our family that even mean moving out of America. He is my rock! I love him so much!

For our anniversary, he planned everything and surprised me. He did a great job! He made reservations for us to attend a piano concert of Chopin music, and then have dinner at the restaurant in the same place. I LOVE piano music. It was perfect!! We were able to sit at a window overlooking the Rynek in  Krakow's city center. It was a beautiful night!! After dinner, we took a carriage ride around the city one last time. Then we went home...without kids thanks to our good friend Traci and her sister, Ami. When we go home the house was lined with candles and rose petals. It was breathtaking!!! He planned every detail...including chocolate cover strawberries...also made by Traci and Ella. Here are a few pics of our evening.


I love you, James Roberts!


My anniversary band James got for me. I love it!



This guy was amazing!!! I LOVE piano music. It is so calming and makes me happy!










I can't remember how many courses we had but we were full when we left. These are just 3 of them. We had a chilled pea soup that was so yummy!  Then we had the best pierogi I have had! Finally, we had roasted duck...which is funny because after our wedding, we ate at the French Room at the Adolphus Hotel in Dallas and I had duck. It was the last time I had eaten it until this night. It was pretty good tonight. 


This was our view from the window at dinner. I LOVE the city center of Krakow. It was a nice view as we watched the sun set!


Apparently asking waitresses or carriage drivers to take a decent picture is too lofty of an expectation. Oh Well...we will take what we can get!

James planned every detail of the night. It was PERFECT!!!

No comments: