COLOSSIANS 4:3-4

"AT THE SAME TIME, PRAY ALSO FOR US, THAT GOD MAY OPEN TO US A DOOR FOR THE WORD, TO DECLARE THE MYSTERY OF CHRIST...THAT I MAY MAKE IT CLEAR..." COLOSSIANS 4:3-4

Monday, October 8, 2012

Athens

I was determined that while we were in Greece, we HAD to see things around Athens. There is so much amazing history there. So our last day we spent on a hop on/hop off bus. We saw the Acropolis and Parthenon. We saw Mars Hill where the apostle Paul preached to the people of Greece about their alter for the unknown god. We saw Olympic Stadium where the original olympics were held...which was even cooler because that night was the opening ceremonies in London for the 2012 Olympics. Some of these things were over 2000 years old. The Parthenon, for instance, was built between 448-439BC. AMAZING!!! And we walked all over it!! I know, I know...we are such nerds but this stuff is so cool!!!

We took an open air hop on/hop off bus around Athens.

Of course having great friends made the day that much more fun!

This was such an amazing sight of the Acropolis and Parthenon. 


It was SOOOO hot!!!



View of Mars Hill from the Acropolis.





Climbing on Mars Hill...this is where Paul preached against the unknown god.


Olympic Stadium

View of the Acropolis at night from the roof of our hotel.   
These were amazing sights. I am so thankful for the opportunity to have visited these ancient places. It is something I will always remember. :)

2 comments:

kacole said...

Wow, I'm so jealous! And also, your little sundress is adorable!

alegna79 said...

Before we left (like the day before) I told James I had to have some sun dresses because it was going to be soooo hot!!! So I bought 4 new dresses which will be lucky to be worn 4 more times in the next 2 years before we come back to Texas. There is not often a need...or climate for sun dresses in northern Poland.