COLOSSIANS 4:3-4

"AT THE SAME TIME, PRAY ALSO FOR US, THAT GOD MAY OPEN TO US A DOOR FOR THE WORD, TO DECLARE THE MYSTERY OF CHRIST...THAT I MAY MAKE IT CLEAR..." COLOSSIANS 4:3-4

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

My Child Actors

A couple of months ago, the director of Macie's school asked to speak with me. I was a little anxious because I wasn't sure what she was going to say. Macie is good, generally, but she also has her moments of bossiness and throwing fits if she doesn't get what she wants. However, it was nothing pertaining to behavior. Whew' she asked if we would be willing to allow Macie to film a couple of episodes of a tv show, "Messy and Lippy." It is an educational program that teaches young kids English. Of course I said yes!

Yesterday was day 1 of filming. Oh my goodness. It was crazy. We were supposed to arrive at 9:30. Being that we don't have a car and had to depend on the tram and then walk another 10-15min (we have little legs) I wanted to make sure we weren't rushing to get there which would make me anxious and gripey at the girls about walking. We arrived a little before 9:00. Plenty of time to change and fix hair quickly. All was good. Then the other kids began to arrive and the Lippy the clown, played by one of Macie's English teachers. Turns out that another girl did not show up and I had Ella with us so they asked if Ella would be willing to participate. It was great...not only because they both go to be in the show, but it also occupied Ella for the day.

So they began filming. The girls were in 2 scenes of 2 episodes...4 scenes all together. The first 2 scenes were good, but by the last 2 the kids were tired and it was obvious they were checking out. They were all running around the set in between filming while the directors were trying to get cameras and lights and boom mikes etc all set. Oh my! And they also were taught their lines quickly and then filmed it. No real rehearsals or anything.

By the time we left at 3:00, I was exhausted. However both girls had had a blast. I'm afraid Macie has gotten a taste of acting and loved it. She hasn't not stopped talking about it. Good thing they liked it because we are back again today for two more episodes. Here are a few pics I took from a distance on my phone. They aren't great and it's hard to see Macie but I was trying to be sneaky.

No comments: