COLOSSIANS 4:3-4

"AT THE SAME TIME, PRAY ALSO FOR US, THAT GOD MAY OPEN TO US A DOOR FOR THE WORD, TO DECLARE THE MYSTERY OF CHRIST...THAT I MAY MAKE IT CLEAR..." COLOSSIANS 4:3-4

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Ella Christine

So this is a bit overdue. We were in Austria for Ella's birthday, and when we got back, life got CRAZY!!! So here is my post for her 9th birthday.

NINE YEARS?!! Where does the time go? Ella you are such a special little girl. You are the definition of joy and contentment no matter the circumstances. You see life in a different way than I do and that is often because you are so easily distracted by all the beauty and small details that I rush right past. You love people so much. If you meet someone one time, they are your friend for life. I am praying for you as we are transitioning again. I know that living in Krakow was not easy for you. I am praying that God will bring one special friend into your life that will love you and you will love back. You have so much to give, and people are blessed to know you.

For your birthday, I took you for your first manicure. That is not a common thing here in Poland for kids to get manicures, but I had promised when you stopped sucking your thumb we would go. You did it and so we went. Here are a few pics from that day. (Not sure what happened between my phone and computer but at least we have the memories.)




We got to celebrate you birthday a few times during your birthday week. Traci came over and we had your birthday dinner, cake and opened presents. 

Is it just me, or does this kid look super grown up? 
Ella LOVES pigs and collects piggy banks.


This was how she thanked Macie for the piggy bank.




So maybe we were so excited about the cake we forgot to light the candles until it was half gone. 
 Finally, the day of your birthday we got to celebrate in Salzburg, Austria. We started with breakfast at that B&B and then spent the day doing Sound of Music tours, sing-a-longs, and ended with a dinner theater. What could be better?!?









I love you so much and am so proud of the young lady you are becoming! 

HAPPY 9th BIRTHDAY!!!



No comments: