COLOSSIANS 4:3-4

"AT THE SAME TIME, PRAY ALSO FOR US, THAT GOD MAY OPEN TO US A DOOR FOR THE WORD, TO DECLARE THE MYSTERY OF CHRIST...THAT I MAY MAKE IT CLEAR..." COLOSSIANS 4:3-4

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Steak

Food in Poland...and Europe as a whole...is a little different than in America. I can find or make substitutes for just about anything I would want to make at home. But eating out is a little bit different. Don't get me wrong. The food here is really good, and I have been introduced to new foods that I really like. But sometimes I just want food from "home." Two meals I really would like to have that they just don't do well on this side of the world is Tex-Mex and steak. This post is all about one meal I had that helped curb my craving for food from home.

After sailing Sunday, I thought we had left-overs at home to eat for dinner. Well James informed me that was not the case. So what were we going to do? We had heard about an "American" restaurant in GdaƄsk so we decided to give it a go. There was sirloin and porterhouse STEAK on the menu...and prepared a few different ways. Oh the price kind of scared me a way at first...I mean if I am going to pay $15 for a meal I want to know it is going to taste good. Steak here is a bit iffy...but I decided to take a chance. Check out the pictures below...


I got not only about an 8oz sirloin steak, but also 6 onion rings, a spinach and tomato salad, corn on the cob and real baked potatoes...not cheese but butter and sour cream. Not bad for $15.

Is that a perfect looking steak or what? 

And this was what was left...I shared a potato and the onion rings with James and my corn with Macie.

So the verdict? Oh My Goodness...this was hands down the BEST steak I have eaten in Poland and one of the best maybe ever. Yumm-O!!! We will definitely go back...without the girls next time. :)

No comments: