COLOSSIANS 4:3-4

"AT THE SAME TIME, PRAY ALSO FOR US, THAT GOD MAY OPEN TO US A DOOR FOR THE WORD, TO DECLARE THE MYSTERY OF CHRIST...THAT I MAY MAKE IT CLEAR..." COLOSSIANS 4:3-4

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Beach Days

We live about a 10-15 min drive from a beach. I grew up basically around Dallas, TX. For those of you who don't know, it's landlocked right in north/central Texas. When I was a kid, I remember my friends talking about going to the coast for summer vacations. I didn't really know what that meant but I knew it sounded fun. As I got older...actually I was in high school...I went to Galveston in southeast Texas where the coast was. Well I wasn't all that impressed. It was kind of dirty and the seaweed gave me a rash on my legs. I could take or leave the beach. 

Then in college I got to spend 2 springs breaks in Panama City, FL and my friend got married in San Diego, California. Then I got to experience the beach. Beautiful sand and clean water. Then I loved it!!! Now we live right on the Baltic Sea. You may not think of Poland as a place to visit for the beaches but they are really nice. The sand is soft, ankle deep, wonderful. Of course the beaches in the city/bay area are not as nice as the beaches on the open sea side but for an afternoon it's just fine. The water is also fairly cold but my kiddos still swim in it with all the Poles. I love living here. I love the beach. 

Last week we spent a gorgeous afternoon on the beach with our friends Ute and Blix. It was so nice!!!


Ella and Blix played a mini tennis game. 

You should never send 3 kids with $20 (50zl) to get ice cream and trust them to come back with change. Haha!



Ella asked Macie and Blix to bury her. Of course they were more than willing. Ha! 

We may not have warm water like Croatia, Greece or Spain, but we do have wonderful beaches. And we are so blessed to be so close and experience God's beauty in the way. :) 




No comments: