COLOSSIANS 4:3-4

"AT THE SAME TIME, PRAY ALSO FOR US, THAT GOD MAY OPEN TO US A DOOR FOR THE WORD, TO DECLARE THE MYSTERY OF CHRIST...THAT I MAY MAKE IT CLEAR..." COLOSSIANS 4:3-4

Monday, August 26, 2013

End of Summer

This weekend we have tried to soak up the last of summer. We still have one week of vacation but it is slipping away quickly. On one hand...I look forward to the routine and the girls being in school during the day. BUT...it also means waking up early and the dreaded homework battle. Blah! So anyway, we took the opportunity this weekend to do some fun things.

Friday, James and my dad played golf, so Shirley and the girls and I did some activities around the house. We started with an experiment using milk, food coloring and dish soap. We dropped a few drops of food color in the milk and the girls mixed it around. Then they used a toothpick with soap on it and touched it to the colors. Magically the food coloring was repelled by the dish soap.




Then we made rain after we poured boiling water in a jar and set a plate on top that had ice.



Then we used water and soap and made tornadoes in a jar. It didn't work well at first but after a while they made some great twister! 



Finally we had a scavenger hunt and looked for various items around the neighborhood. We invited our friends down the street to participate with us...so it was a good language day for me. But I don't think google translate did a good job translating fuzzy or chewed on...I got funny looks when I said these words...and those haven't made my list of vocabulary yet. 





And we made musical instruments with rocks and water bottles


Finally on Sunday we took a walk with Yaya and Peepaw through the forest around our house. Again Olga and Majka came with us. 





I was being viciously attacked by the natives.  
So now you know what our weekend consisted of. I am looking forward to doing some more fun things this week before we must to submit the master...or uh, school.



No comments: