COLOSSIANS 4:3-4

"AT THE SAME TIME, PRAY ALSO FOR US, THAT GOD MAY OPEN TO US A DOOR FOR THE WORD, TO DECLARE THE MYSTERY OF CHRIST...THAT I MAY MAKE IT CLEAR..." COLOSSIANS 4:3-4

Thursday, February 3, 2011

First Night Out

After ice skating I met Kirstin downtown to hang out at a local cafe with some ESL students she works with. There were 4 that showed up. They were absolutely delightful! There English varied from beginner to decent. But it gave me hope for my Polish. I understood what they meant most of the time and I am hoping that people will know what I mean eventually when I am using Polish.

We talked about all kinds of things like instead of birthdays when they become adults they celebrate their name day. Everyone has a day in the year that is the same as theirs. So on that day they celebrate like they would a birthday. I thought that was fun! We also talk about animal sounds. Animals make different sounds in Poland than in America. They think it is funny that a from says 'ribbit ribbit' and a rooster says 'cock-a-doodle-do!' I hope to continue this relationship further. It was a great night!

No comments: