COLOSSIANS 4:3-4

"AT THE SAME TIME, PRAY ALSO FOR US, THAT GOD MAY OPEN TO US A DOOR FOR THE WORD, TO DECLARE THE MYSTERY OF CHRIST...THAT I MAY MAKE IT CLEAR..." COLOSSIANS 4:3-4

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Tears and Ice Skating

So we took the girls to an outside skating rink yesterday. My kids are fearful of new things that might be scary. Inevitably they will scream and cry and then end up loving whatever it is...like roller coasters or swimming or roller skating. Of course this was the way today ended up. We were going with friends who have kids the same age as ours and another girl of one of our M's here who is about 12. They have been ice skating for about a year. I told my girls that if Arin and Kaleb can do it so can they. We took the tram to the rink, rented our skates and paid for an hour of skating, got our skates on and went to the ice. Ella just about refused to get on the ice. I forced her to. Macie got on with "Aunt Kirstin," whom she would rather have skated with than Mom or Dad. But here we went. Ella only wanted to hold on to the side. I took Macie and helped her skate...remember that I haven't skated in years but as a kid I loved ice skating. Within about 20 min. both girls were skating by themselves. Ella was pretty fast; Macie not as much but they were having a blast! The first time they fell I was worried that would be it. But nope they would laugh and get back up again. It was great! Of course we had to have hot chocolate after and watch the Zamboni man clean the ice. We will definitely be heading back!!!


 Ella falling on the ice. Abbe was so sweet to skate with her.
 Macie and I before she enjoyed it and took off on her own.

No comments: