COLOSSIANS 4:3-4

"AT THE SAME TIME, PRAY ALSO FOR US, THAT GOD MAY OPEN TO US A DOOR FOR THE WORD, TO DECLARE THE MYSTERY OF CHRIST...THAT I MAY MAKE IT CLEAR..." COLOSSIANS 4:3-4

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Fresh Fruit

Something I really have enjoyed about living here is all the fresh markets and fresh fruits and veggies. As part of our language, our teacher has taken us to a few open markets. On one of the days he had us take pictures of the fruits so we could practice their names later. As I was looking back at the pictures I saw how pretty the food was. Poland is not concerned about selling on good looking produce. It comes in all shapes and sizes...and some that in the States I would have definitely picked over, but here it is just fine.  Here are some pics and names in Polish
Jabłko

Marchew (mar-hev)

Pomidor

Papryka

Potatoes - ziemniak; Onion - Cebula; Cabbage - Kapusta; 

Banan i pomarańcze (banana and oranges)

Kiwi (pronounced kee-vee)

This is the front of the market...not sure why I didn't face the market to take a picture.

No comments: