COLOSSIANS 4:3-4

"AT THE SAME TIME, PRAY ALSO FOR US, THAT GOD MAY OPEN TO US A DOOR FOR THE WORD, TO DECLARE THE MYSTERY OF CHRIST...THAT I MAY MAKE IT CLEAR..." COLOSSIANS 4:3-4

Thursday, April 28, 2011

God's Will? Maybe

No matter where we are in ministry, it seems that God always places underprivileged kids/teens in our lives. Moving to Poland, I thought we had shut the door on youth ministry. Well a few weeks ago in church we listened to a lady named Kasia share a little of her testimony about her life as a child in "the system" and how she has a heart for kids in the same situations. We visited with her a little after church that day. The first week of April she asked us to come and help with a day for the kids. We were excited to go and took our kids with them. She asked me to come up with a game to play. I had no idea what ages the kids would be but I thought charades would be fun. When I got there the kids were between 9 and 14 years old. They helped me write names of animals in Polish and then had a blast acting them out. There was much laughter. Kasia was centering the day around Easter. We did a craft that was basically making a stainglass window out of a paper picture and tissue paper behind it. Then they watched parts of the movie The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe and discussed how it was similar to the Easter story. After that it was PIZZA time. Kasia made homemade pizza and it was yummy!

James and I discussed how God places at-risk kids in our lives so often and how we love it! Today was such a great time. Again, we wish we spoke the language better but we were able to find out how old they were, names, and if they had brother or sisters.  Two of the girls, Ola (11) and Paulinka (14) are sisters. I heard part of their story. They live with their mom but she isn't very stable. Kasia said she sees the girls around the city streets or at the mall alone. But when they come to these sorts of activities the mom is quite controlling of their time. From looking at these adorable girls you would never guess they were living the life they are. Kasia said they were "in the system" but I am not sure what exactly that means.


 I like this ministry also because I can bring Ella and Macie with us. They have always been a part of any ministry we have done. I think it is important for them to grow up involved in serving. They had a great time! I just am ready to learn Polish so I can really communicate! Here are a few more pics.




Please pray for these kids and our relationship with them! Thanks!!!

No comments: