COLOSSIANS 4:3-4

"AT THE SAME TIME, PRAY ALSO FOR US, THAT GOD MAY OPEN TO US A DOOR FOR THE WORD, TO DECLARE THE MYSTERY OF CHRIST...THAT I MAY MAKE IT CLEAR..." COLOSSIANS 4:3-4

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Haircuts without Aunt Boo

The girls and I could use hair cuts...but where do we go? For the past 6 years my sister has cut my hair and both Ella and Macie's. How do I go to a new hair salon with people I don't know in a country I can barely communicate in and trust them with my hair? Well I haven't trusted anyone with my hair just yet but I let Ella and Macie be my guinea pigs. We had a girl day while James went to Auschwitz. We started the morning with the Justin Bieber movie...in English. It was interesting to watch his story. I have to say I did enjoy it. We then had friends meeting us for lunch. In the meantime we had enough time to get their hair cut.
   I found a place that sold my sister's favorite hair products - Kerastase in case you were wondering - and their prices were great...I assume since I really have never paid for a hair cut for them. It was about $12 for the hair cut and shampoo and blow dry. When they came back to sit in the chairs from getting their hair washed Macie's stylist pulled out an electric razor...like you would use to shave a man's head. I thought to myself, "Oh my, what have I told her I wanted done to my baby's hair?" I looked over and Ella's stylist had the same thing. Now I was curious. Well sure enough they both used the razor to cut the girls' hair. And it turned out quite cute. I was impressed. Another fun thing they had was disposable towels and drapes. Reusable towels kind of gross me out...like in bathrooms and stuff. We are all drying our hands on the same towels as who knows how many other people. But this was kind of cool. Maybe I will get brave and go back to have my hair cut there soon. 








    

No comments: