COLOSSIANS 4:3-4

"AT THE SAME TIME, PRAY ALSO FOR US, THAT GOD MAY OPEN TO US A DOOR FOR THE WORD, TO DECLARE THE MYSTERY OF CHRIST...THAT I MAY MAKE IT CLEAR..." COLOSSIANS 4:3-4

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Painting!!

In January, I met a lady at a parents' council meeting in Ella's school who told me that she had an art studio where people came to paint. My friend, Stacy, had an art studio in Texas where you could go and learn to paint. I did it once and had a blast. Well, Ella wants to be an artist when she grows up...not exactly sure what that will look like, but after I left the meeting all I could think was, "Oh I wish this lady could host a painting party for Ella's birthday." I kept thinking I would run into her at school...after all, it isn't that big of a school. But I never did. I prayed about this...seriously this was a prayer request. And I thought about it often.

Well in April, my friend Ute hosted a lunch for a few of her lady friends. I was excited to go and meet new ladies. Well of the 6 of us there, lo and behold, one of the ladies was this one! Thank you, God! So I asked her what she thought of hosting the party and she agreed! Woohoo!! So we sent out the invitations and planned the details. Three of the 6 girls in Ella's class were able to come and then her friend Blix tagged along...this was not so much a party for boys, but he did great! Macie was also able to join in the fun.

When they first started, she taught them how to look at their "inspiration" and do a quick sketch of it in pencil on a piece of paper. Then they hung it on their easel and went to town painting their interpretations of the flowers on a table. Each one was so unique. After this we had pizza, cake and presents and then they did finger/hand painting all together on a HUGE piece of paper and created an outdoor scene. This was so messy but they had so much fun!!! I have thanked God many times for answering my prayer request. It seemed silly but Ella had a great time.


























No comments: