COLOSSIANS 4:3-4

"AT THE SAME TIME, PRAY ALSO FOR US, THAT GOD MAY OPEN TO US A DOOR FOR THE WORD, TO DECLARE THE MYSTERY OF CHRIST...THAT I MAY MAKE IT CLEAR..." COLOSSIANS 4:3-4

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Basia

Tonight I attended Graceland. It is the ESL school I have been working with this past semester. During the semester we have read an adapted version of Robinson Crusoe and had discussion on it. Anytime I have tried to talk about spiritual topics the door has been closed on me. I was kind of discouraged about this. This week another team member started a 4 week study using the a film of the Gospel of John. After the video we break up and have discussion questions/conversations based on what we have read. Tonight I was paired with a girl...probably about my age...named Basia (Basha). She has a son (6) and a daughter (8). I have never met her but really felt it important to pray during the film and during our conversation time. And wow! She was very willing to open up. She talked about some physical abuse she went through as a child from her dad. He would go to church on Sundays and then come home and treat her and her brother so terribly. When she was about 16 she really began to question God, obviously, and so I asked her if she believed that Jesus was God's son. She just stared at me...almost surprised I asked this. It took a little while to answer. She said yes...but I am not sure she is convinced. Please pray for Basia and then I would have more interaction with her. I think God brought her to me for a reason.

No comments: