COLOSSIANS 4:3-4

"AT THE SAME TIME, PRAY ALSO FOR US, THAT GOD MAY OPEN TO US A DOOR FOR THE WORD, TO DECLARE THE MYSTERY OF CHRIST...THAT I MAY MAKE IT CLEAR..." COLOSSIANS 4:3-4

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Maria

A couple weeks ago, we were having dessert at a cukiernia (We have 2 kinds of bakery...one for sweets and one for breads...this is the sweets one.) anyway we were having dessert with some sweet friends from Texas when a little girl came over to our table to play with Ella and Macie. Her mom of course followed. She spoke perfect English, but I kept trying to speak Polish to her and especially her little girl who was 15months old. She asked what generation Polish I was. I corrected her and told her I was only American. She assumed because I spoke Polish I must be Polish.

Well we said goodbye and left. As we walked down the street, James and talked about what a friendly lady she was. I felt like maybe I should go back and ask if she'd meet with me and help me with my conversation skills. So I did. She was very willing. We texted a few times and decided to meet today at the same place.

We spent about 2 hours together. This is so far out of my comfort zone! I was a nervous wreck!! Well we had a wonderful time!!! We actually have a lot in common. She lived in England for 10 years and another 2 in Italy. She now feels like Poland is not quite home, like she doesn't quite fit in anywhere. She asked if I feel the same way. Wow!! I needed someone that could related with me. She asked me questions about being a mom. We talked about our family. And a lot of this was in Polish! She was so patient and helpful.

We ended our time and she said we could meet weekly if I was interested. Wow!! Thank you God! I'm so glad I was willing to go back and ask for her number and then follow up. Can't wait to see where this relationship goes!

No comments: