COLOSSIANS 4:3-4

"AT THE SAME TIME, PRAY ALSO FOR US, THAT GOD MAY OPEN TO US A DOOR FOR THE WORD, TO DECLARE THE MYSTERY OF CHRIST...THAT I MAY MAKE IT CLEAR..." COLOSSIANS 4:3-4

Saturday, January 26, 2013

Pancakes and College Girls

I have been hanging out a little bit with some of the university girls from our church and I love it. They are way fun and help me with my Polish. :) Yesterday one of the girls, Sara, and I were going to meet for a little while. We were discussing where to meet. I suggested I could make an American breakfast and she could come over. So that's what we did. What would you make for an "American" breakfast?

I'll start with what we have generally had for Polish breakfasts when we have been to places here. Bread or rolls, lunch meat and cheese, tomatoes and cucumbers an hot tea. This is quite normal.

So I was deciding to make either eggs, bacon and biscuits (no one knows what a biscuit is) or eggs, bacon and pancakes. They eat pancakes here but they are more like crepes stuffed with cream cheese or jam or fruits...not the same as ours. I went for buttermilk pancakes and homemade maple syrup. Well Sara was in shock that this is what we would eat...all together. She didn't know how to eat it so she said she would watch me and then eat. I was cracking up! It was so crazy to me for someone to be so shocked by pancakes, eggs and bacon. Lol but in the end she really liked it.



While we were talking, I asked when her birthday was...turns out it is today! So I told her I would bake a cake for last night for our Bible study time. I ended up making cupcakes. I brought 14 cupcakes with me. There were 6 girls besides me (and I didn't eat one) and I didn't bring any home. Haha! I think they liked them.







No comments: